Welcome to the HVMN Enhancement podcast 👋
Episode 47 features Serge Faguet, an accomplished entrepreneur who founded the leading online hotel booking company in Russia. His successful journey in entrepreneurship was paralleled by his desire to become the best he can possibly be in order to gain an edge in the cutthroat business world, leading him to invest $200,000 in biohacking (you can read about his experience here). Since diving into human enhancement, Serge dropped his body fat from 26% to 10%, reached a VO2 Max of 70 (akin to professional athletes), reduced his blood mercury to nearly 0, and can constantly be on top of his mental game.
Here are a couple of key talking points from Geoff and Serge’s conversation:
– Discussed the nootropics Serge experimented with and their use-cases: Metformin, Lithium, Modafinil, SSRI Anti-Depressants, Bacopa Monnieri, etc
– How controlling hormone levels should be explored more
– Hacking exercise: HIIT vs. Endurance
– “I would say that upgrading the body and healing the body are one of the same.”
– Wishlist of future biohacking technologies (tech that improves our emotional intelligence?)
– Fasting for mental clarity and overall productivity
– How Serge’s experience with MDMA (normally a club-drug) changed his life for the better.
– “After the experience, the feeling of openness and genuine
human connection stayed with me for many months.”
– The potential of the rise of continual monitoring for various biometrics. It’s incredibly more useful than getting a snapshot of data a few times a year…too much noise there.
– How the three major types of diseases (cancer, neurodegenerative, atherosclerosis) are lifelong processes…so why aren’t we doing a better job at trying to catch them earlier?
– “Human enhancement is not in the distant future, it’s here now.”
Don’t forget to give this video a LIKE if you learned something new! SUBSCRIBE to our channel for more episodes weekly!